Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Template!

Hello Beauties!
I have 1 of the 3 new templates available for purchase! This one is a Vintage Sewing Machine Box! I had a lot of fun decorating and designing this one!! Here is what I created from the template

                                                         This is the front of the box on 1 side
                                              I covered the box with sewing pattern pieces that I tea dyed, lots of lace and some paper scraps. Then I painted the sewing machine with gray paint and used black metallic rub and silver metallic rub on the sewing machine. I raided my Grandma's sewing stash for the wood thread spool, scissors, vintage buttons, and bobbin.


                                                              Front of the other side
 I used some WOC roses and pieces of fabric. The fabric I made to look like the machine is sewing it. I wrapped lace around the thread spool and draped it across the box.

                                                                The inside of the box
I covered the inside of the box with tea dyed sewing pattern pieces. To tea dye the pattern pieces I used a cookie sheet with sides and laid the pieces in flat. You will want to be very careful because the pattern pieces become very delicate when they are wet and tear very easily! I used Mod Podge to stick down the pieces all over the box ( inside and out).

I was thinking it would be cute to make a mini album to put inside the box for a friend. You could title the mini " Sew Glad We Are Friends" or something like that. I will have to make a new box to do that because this box is for me, lol! Really, I can't part with it because I used all the goodies from my Grandma's sewing stash that I got when she passed away. The tiny thimble I used, when I was a little girl I used to play with it and put it on my finger while my Grandma had her sewing kit out to do repairs. The scissors I remember her using to cut the thread she used and I thought they were soooo cool because of the design on them. I think I will use the box to put the rest of my Grandma's sewing goodies in for safe keeping!
So, if you purchase the template, I want you to show me what you have created out of it. You can link it to my YT Video on my sewing machine box creation or you can send me pictures. If we like your Sewing Machine box we will send you a gift! So start creating!

Have a creative rest of the week!
Hugs♥
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment